Thursday, January 22, 2015

Week 5 in the MTC!

Good Afternoon,

It’s been another great week here at the MTC. Only a week and a half left then off to Florida. I am supposed to get my travel plans tomorrow with my flights. This week has been good though. My Spanish is getting a little better every day. I can understand when the teachers and are talking and in lessons I can understand mostly everything. I just have a hard time speaking. We got a new MTC presidency this week they are really nice. They all spoke on Sunday for the Devotional. On Friday we taught our last TRC lesson. It has been so cool to watch him change over time. On Tues for the Devotional Elder M. Russell Ballard came and spoke it has been so cool to hear apostles. Elder Ballard talked about so many great things. My favorite was he talked about when we are having hard times in our mission and we think that we should be on a mission or nothing is happening how we should think of Joseph and Hyrum Smith when they suffered for three months with limited water and food. Cold. He said we should write a letter to Joseph to cheer him up. I thought that was a great idea. Joseph Smith suffered so much to restore Christ’s church on the Earth again. He never gave up. I know that a mission is going to be hard. I'm going to suffer a lot. But I don't want to ever give up. I am so grateful to be a missionary of Christ church. I know that he lives. I am so grateful for the atonement and what Christ did for us. I am grateful for the priesthood I know it blesses life's I’ve seen it the last five weeks. I'm grateful for my family for guiding me down the right path. I wouldn't be here without them. I'm grateful for Joseph Smith and what he did. I know he was a prophet of God. I am grateful to have a living prophet and apostles today. I know this church is true. I love and miss all of you. 


Love Elder Gibbons

No comments:

Post a Comment